Monday, October 16, 2017

Pink Christmas for the Cure take 2!!!

My favourite challenge of the year is the Jingle Belles Pink Christmas for the Cure.  I love the theme and love making Pink Christmas cards and they are always well received when I send them.


Lots of scraps for this card, I made one earlier using the snowflake die from Hero Arts and at the Butterfly Moon in Lyndoch we have been taught how to use the negative of a die and that is what I have done here.  Another very CAS card (what is happening to me?) the glitter paper was a scrap out of my scrap box, the Merry Christmas is an Impression Obsession die. I am not fond of a lot of "white" space so I had to make a couple of corners out of the glitter paper.


I almost made it into a shaker card but I really didn't want to cover up any of the gorgeous 'glitter.  I did use a scrap of acetate to attach the snowflake to and then I added strips of foam tape for depth.


Finished the inside with an Impression Obsession Sentiment.

I am entering this in:

Jingle Belles Rock ~~ Pink Christmas for the Cure.

Winter Wonderland ~~ Anything goes Christmas

Thanks for joining me today for Card #2 and I still have lots of time to make more. 

3 comments:

Rodney said...

That glitter paper is so perfect for the reverse die cut technique ... thanks again for joining us as we celebrate a ♥Pink Christmas for the Cure!♥

lauren bergold said...

Oh how I love the combination of pink + copper... especially if it's GLITTER copper! (& yes this is a brilliant use of the negative space from the snowflake die!) Thanks very much for helping us raise more money for the Breast Cancer Research Fund at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

LOU said...

Beautiful card Barbara. I love the pink background and snowflake. Thanks so much for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Hope to see you again soon,
Lou DT xo